- 11-a-side-tournament celebrated at Bayamon Soccer Complex, in San Juan de Puerto Rico, USA
- Teams must consist of ATC personnel (including ATC Assistants or ATS students of either category) and/or Pilots. All players must be able to produce valid ATC or ANS identification or valid Pilot license.
- Each team is allowed to field not more than two persons who are not ATC or Pilot personnel as defined above, but who are employed in the Air Navigation Service.
- At the discretion of the Board of Directors and the Organising Committee, airlines may be invited to participate in the WCC. Airline staff however should consist mainly of pilots or student pilots.
- Teams will consist of 11 players plus 5 "roll/on roll/off substitutes”. There is no limit of number of players within a team, but a maximum of 16 players are allowed in one game.
- Any eligible team wishing to participate must be able to nominate a minimum of 14 players. All payments by the team must be made for a minimum of 14 persons.
- The WCC tournament will last a maximum of 4 days, with a day-break in between, as requested by team captains during last year's captain's meeting.
- This makes WCC 2013 a 6-nights / 7-day event, allowing one free day to rest mid-tournament, for excursions, to recharge batteries taking into consideration that most teams travel long distance, and 11-a-side soccer is an intense sport.
- The game format is Round-Robin; with a preliminary league system followed by a knock-out phase.
- Matches shall be 20 minutes per half with a 5-minute half-time interval break, except for the Main and Plate finals, which shall be 2 equal periods of 30 minutes.
- All players must wear identical shirts with number an also same colored shorts. Please bring 3 different sets.
- Points awarded:
- 3 points = win
- 1 point = draw
- 0 point = lose
- If team members fail to turn up within 15 minutes of the arranged started time, the match will be considered as forfeited.
- A minimum of 10 players is required otherwise the match will be forfeited. The result shall be declared in favour of the team present by 3-0.
The above rules serve as a briefing of the full bases of the tournament stated on the
World Controllers Cup Manual
Download PDF for World Controllers Cup Manual